- Oxford is 7-0 for the fourth time since 2005, also happening in 2006 and 2012.
- This is the second straight week Oxford is playing a team ranked outside the Top 100 in the state according to Maxpreps.
- There are currently 7 teams out of 32 in 5A that have just 1 win or are winless on the year. 2-5A and 4-5A each own two teams that are winless on the year.
- Tias Hillard had more rushing attempts (8) than Kenzie Phillips did (7) last week against Lewisburg.
- Jarius Barnes returned last week, managing two rushes for 15 yards. He had been out with a leg injury since the Crosstown Classic.
- Oxford allowed 158 yards last week to Lewisburg - 85 was on one passing play, -35 on the Safety, the other 108 was on 41 plays.
- Kenzie Phillips needs 164 rushing yards to reach 1,000 rushing yards on the season. He needs 855 more to break the single-season rushing record.
- Cody Mills has an active streak of 20 straight football games with at least one kickoff for a Touchback.
- Kyree White and Joey Walden have exactly the same number of all-purpose yards on the year - 326. Walden's has been all through the air while White has 25 rushing yards to accompany 301 receiving yards.
- Oxford has more wins this season than the teams New Hope has beaten combined. Of New Hope's 3 wins, those opponents have a combined record of 5-18 entering this week.
- Oxford gave up 44 points in the month of August. The Chargers since August has given up 42.
- Oxford can clinch a playoff birth this week but needs these results: a win over New Hope and losses by West Point (to Lake Cormorant), Center Hill (to Saltillo), and Lewisburg (to Clarksdale). Other results can give at least a mathematical chance of missing the playoffs.
- Oxford Volleyball finished with a record of 16-14, but out of the playoffs.
- OHS Volleyball Player Jordan Freeze has the exact same birthday as Ole Miss Football Head Coach - and her dad - Hugh Freeze. Both were born on September 27th, 30 years apart. September 27th this year was when Oxford finally defeated West Point in Football (take that for what you will).
- Ole Miss' last win over a top 10 opponent was against (8) LSU in 2009.
- Ole Miss only has one win over an AP ranked opponent since last defeating LSU - Mississippi State (24) last year.
- Ole Miss has won the coin toss 5 of the 6 times this year. They have trailed at halftime each time the Rebels have won the toss.
- Ole Miss has led at the half just one time this year (vs. SEMO).
- LSU had scored at least 35 points in every game this season until they played Florida last week - scoring just 17.
- Under Les Miles, LSU has won all but one game (18-1) when scoring a special teams TD. The one? 2009 against Ole Miss (LSU returned a blocked FG for a TD).
- This is the first time since 2001 that the Egg Bowl will not be played immediately after the LSU game as it has been the case.
- On this day in 1977, Reggie Jackson hit for three home runs in a single World Series game for the New York Yankees against the Los Angeles Dodgers in Game 6, tying Babe Ruth for most all time in a single WS game. Those two are still the only ones to achieve that feat today. It was this game Jackson got the nickname "Mr. October" as he hit those home runs in the game-clinching game for the Yankees and hit four home runs in his last 4 swings of the bat of that series (swung at 4 pitches, and had a 4-pitch walk sandwiched between the first and second homers). His last one traveled 475 feet after coming to the plate to the chants of "REG-GIE! REG-GIE!" to help cap off a 8-4 Yankees WS-clinching win and cemented himself in history.
- On this day in 1873, the first rules for organized football were drawn up by people from Princeton, Yale, Columbia, and Rutgers University.
- The book Moby Dick was first published on this day in 1851 - 162 years ago.
- Today is "Alaska Day" as on this date in 1867, the Untied States purchased Alaska from Russia for $7.2 Million. 31 years later on this date, the Untied States also purchased Puerto Rico.
- On this date in 1968, the United States Olympic Committee suspended Tommie Smith and John Carlos for giving a "black power" salute during a victory ceremony at the '68 Mexico City Olympic Games.
- The Jackson 5 made their US TV debut on ABC's Hollywood Place on this day in 1969.
- Today is the birthdays of Ex-NFL player & coach Mike Ditka (74), Virginia Tech Head Coach Frank Beamer (67), professional Skier Lindsey Vonn (27), and Actor Zac Efron (26).
- In 2005 on this date, Hurricane Wilma became the most intense storm on record reaching 882 mb.
Here are some facts for you to keep up with this Friday. They can range from sports to things you could care less about. Here we go:
*Note: All Spam WILL be deleted.