1-5A is pretty simple. West Point is 6-0, Oxford and Lake Cormorant are 5-1, Clarksdale is 3-3. New Hope (2-4), Saltillo (1-5), Center Hill (1-5), and Lewisburg (1-5) are all eliminated from playoff contention.
West Point has clinched the 1-seed as they hold head-to-head tiebreakers on both Oxford and Lake Cormorant where one of those teams will finish 6-1.
Oxford and Lake Cormorant play each other this week and are tied at 5-1 at the moment. Winner will be the 2-seed and host a playoff game next week. Loser is the 3-seed and will have to travel.
Clarksdale is clinched to the 4-seed. Clarksdale owns the head-to-head on 5th place New Hope if they were to tie.
Here is 2-5A scenarios. The standings stand like this: Germantown is 5-1, Grenada 5-1, Vicksburg 4-2, Holmes County Central 3-3, Neshoba Central 3-3, Canton is 2-4, Ridgeland 2-4, Lanier is 0-6.
Games this week: Ridgeland @ Germantown, Canton @ Lanier, Vicksburg @ Holmes County Central, Neshoba Central @ Grenada
- Germantown is the 1-seed with a win OR a Grenada loss.
- Germantown is the 2-seed with a loss AND a Grenada win.
- Grenada is the 1-seed with a win AND a Germantown loss.
- Grenada is the 2-seed with a loss OR a Germantown win.
Vicksburg can be no higher than a 3-seed as they lose any head-to-head tiebreakers with Germantown and Grenada as they have lost to both of them. Vicksburg has clinched a playoff berth due to winning enough tiebreakers.
- Vicksburg is the 3-seed with a win.
- Vicksburg is the 4-seed with a loss to Holmes County Central, regardless of Neshoba Central's result.
(In a three-way tie with HCC and Neshoba Central at 4-3, tiebreaker two would decide it with who has beaten the highest seeded team. Holmes County is the 3-seed due to having beaten Germantown who would end up being the 1-seed in this scenario due to Grenada losing to Neshoba Central and Vicksburg and Neshoba Central having not defeated Germantown. Because those two have not and one team has broken away from the three-way tie, Vicksburg and Neshoba Central revert back to head-to-head and Vicksburg wins that tiebreaker, gaining the 4-seed.)
- Holmes County Central is the 3-seed with a win. This is due to both head-to-head on Vicksburg and winning the 3-way tie on Vicksburg and Neshoba Central.
- Holmes County Central is the 4-seed with a loss AND a Neshoba Central loss AND a Ridgeland loss AND a Canton win.
(This puts HCC, Neshoba Central, and Canton at 3-4. Again, this stops at tiebreaker two. HCC defeated the would-be 1-seed in Germantown and the other two teams have not in this situation in tiebreaker two and would win the tiebreaker there.)
- If Holmes County loses, they are eliminated from playoff contention if any other result occurs other than the one above due to losing the other tiebreakers or outright eliminated due to record.
- Neshoba Central is the 4-seed with a Holmes County Central loss AND a win OR a loss AND a Canton loss.
(The 3-way tie at 3-4 between Ridgeland, Neshoba, and HCC, Neshoba gets the 4-seed due to being 2-0 head-to-head)
(Neshoba owns HCC head-to-head in a 2-way tie)
- Canton is the 4-seed with a win AND a Holmes County Central loss AND a Ridgeland win AND a Neshoba Central loss.
(This puts Canton, HCC, Ridgeland, and Neshoba Central into a 4-way tie at 3-4. Canton and Neshoba Central come out 2-1 head-to-head with the other two at 1-2 and would revert back to a two-way head-to-head and Canton owns that over Neshoba Central, thus winning the 4-seed.)
- If those results do not occur, Canton is otherwise eliminated from playoff contention.
- Ridgeland is eliminated from playoff contention. They do not own any tiebreakers in any scenario to finish 4th. Lanier has been done for awhile.