- Oxford is 10-0 for just the second time in school history.
- Tonight is Senior Night, this year's Oxford Seniors over this season and the last two seasons entering tonight are 26-8.
- Oxford has won a region title outright and is the 1-seed from their region in the playoffs for the first time since 2005.
- Oxford scored 56 points on Center Hill last week - the most since scoring 62 on North Panola in 2007.
- Oxford threw for a combined 368 passing yards against Center Hill (Abraham - 344, Bianco - 24) - the most since throwing for more than 400 against North Panola in 2007. (Matthew Shaw in that game threw for 386 yards in the first half alone - and finished with that total). The 344 by Abraham was the most by an Oxford QB since Shaw in that game as well.
- Center Hill led 7-0 early in the first quarter last week - it was the first time Oxford has trailed in a football game since they trailed 24-21 against Starkville in the 3rd quarter way back in the second game of the year.
- Oxford was penalized 22 times last week - the most since I started keeping up with Oxford Football in 2003.
- Oxford's Defense in their first 9 games this season gave up a total of 4 passing Touchdowns. They gave up 4 passing Touchdowns against Center Hill last week.
- Jimmico Payne became the 9th Charger this season to have an Interception.
- Ethan Holmes in his first 9 games had a total of 159 reception yards and 2 Touchdowns. Last week, Holmes had 160 reception yards and 2 Touchdowns.
- Last week was the second time this season Oxford did not punt in a game (other was against West Point) despite all the flags.
- Jack Abraham threw at least 4 TD passes for the third time this year, but for the first time since playing East Side. Abraham also threw for at least 300 yards for just the second time this year. The 344 last week is a season-high.
- Ben Bianco threw a Touchdown pass last week - it is the first time since the 2008 season that two players actually listed as a Quarterback threw for a passing Touchdown and the first time since 2006 where both QB's were healthy the entire season.
- Preston Perkins (1) has more Touchdown Receptions than Joey Walden has (0) this year. (Sorry, I had to do it)
- Kenzie Phillips needs 484 rushing yards to break the single-season record currently held by Mont Dean (1,690).
- Jack Abraham needs 9 more Touchdown passes to break the single-season record currently held by Guy Cameron Billups (33).
- Ole Miss (5-3) is looking to become bowl eligible with a win over Arkansas this week, while the Razorbacks (3-6) are looking to keep their bowl hopes alive.
- This is the first Ole Miss game this season where the kickoff time is earlier than 5:30 PM (starting at 11:21 AM this week).
- Arkansas started the season 3-0, but are 0-6 since.
- Arkansas has scored a total of 34 points in their last 4 games. Before that, they had scored at least 24 points in each of their first 5 games.
- Arkansas' Zach Hocker leads the NCAA in kickoff average - at 64.94 yards a kick (reminder - the most is 65 yards on a normal kickoff in college), meaning nearly every kickoff he has made has reached the end zone.
- Arkansas Head Coach Bret Bielema has never had a year where he has failed to coach a team to a bowl game or not have a winning season - both are in jeopardy this week.
- Arkansas' last 5 games has been to Top 20 ranked opponents.
- On this date in 1889, Montana was admitted as the 41st US State.
- On this date in 1895, the X-Ray was discovered by Wilhelm Rontgen.
- On this date in 1950, the first fighter-jet plane battle took place, with a US Air Force jet taking down a North Korean jet.
- On this date in 1960, John F. Kennedy defeated Richard Nixon in the 1960 presidential election in one of the narrowest wins in terms of electoral vote in election history. Although Kennedy won by 84 electoral votes, 20 of the 50 states had a vote percentage margin of less than 5%. In that election, Mississippi was the only state who did not have an electoral vote for Kennedy or Nixon - its 8 electoral votes all went to Democrat Harry Byrd Sr. Byrd who received a total of 15 electoral votes, getting 6 of 11 from Alabama (Kennedy got the rest) and 1 from Oklahoma from a "Faithless Elector" (the rest in Oklahoma went to Nixon). This was also the first presidential election where Hawaii and Alaska participated in (both became states in 1959).
- On this date in 1965, the soap opera Days of our Lives premiered on NBC - it is still running today having aired more than 12,000 episodes over 49 seasons.
- On this date in 1966, President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the antitrust exemption into law - allowing the NFL and AFL to merge.
- On this date in 2000 in Florida, a state-wide recount began to decide the 2000 presidential election.
- On this date in 2005, the original Guitar Hero game was released in North America.
- On this date in 2011, an asteroid named "2005 YU55" came within 200,000 miles of hitting the earth - the closest asteroid to its brightness to come within hitting the earth since 1976.
- Today is the birthdays of Ex-NBA Point Guard and current Color Commentator for the Memphis Grizzlies Brevin Knight (38), St. Louis Rams QB Sam Bradford (26), and Lady Louise Windsor (10) - Granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II, currently 10th in line of succession to succeed her grandmother.
Here are some facts for you to keep up with this Friday. They can range from sports to things you could care less about. Here we go:
*Note: All Spam WILL be deleted.