1. Conery Meagher - led Football to the 5A Title Game in a vital part of the Oxford secondary, will go to Navy
2. Chadwick Lamar - led Football and Baseball to reach far into the playoffs, will walk-on to Ole Miss
3. Hunter Roth - while hampered with an arm injury all year, led the Baseball team in hits (37) and reached the 5A North Half series
4. Mary Kathyrn Pearson - led Girls Track to a 3rd place finish, Volleyball to a good season, and Girls Cross Country to a Top 5 finish
5. Pittman Phillips - also hampered with an arm injury, helped lead the team to the 5A North Half series and took over at Shortstop after Matthew Guyton fell to an injury
6. Brooks Krouse - was one of the leaders in hitting this season for Baseball leading to a 5A North Half appearance
7. Cody Mills - was a valuable part in the kicking game in Oxford's run to the 5A Title Game, is going to Delta State
8. Jarius Barnes - played well enough to earn a walk-on spot at USM, helped the Football team reach the 5A Title game
9. Darrius Liggins - a vital part of the Football team's defensive effort en route to the 5A Title game, will play D1
10. Michael Bianco - the outspoken student-athlete rapper helped paved the way to the 5A North Half series in Baseball, will continue to play at a Louisana Community College
11. Joey Walden - a vital part to the Oxford offense in football and mowed down bases in Baseball with his speed
12. Anna Kathryn Kessinger - her left-handed hitting helped keep blockers off balanced aiding the Volleyball team this season
The class of 2014 continued to keep the tradition of winning state titles and performing well in sports that allowed Oxford to retain the 5A All-Sports Award handed out by the Clarion-Ledger. No doubt with Football reaching the State Title game (earns 24 points), Baseball to the North Half series (earns 18-20 points), Winning 3 State Titles (30 points each), and a lot of high performances across all sports. Oxford only failed to make the playoffs in two sports this season (Slow-Pitch Softball - which was in its first year - and Volleyball)
As far as the makeout of this list, there's not much I would change except to drop Jarius a few spots and Darrius up a couple and maybe even leap-frog a few. The 12 I put out there I wouldn't change and all deserved their spots based on the last three years prior to this one. Ethan Holmes made his case as he found a home at Tight End instead of on defense and was a vital part of the Golf team in winning the last two 5A titles. While a lot of talk has been made with Jason Barber this year, his older brother Ty Barber was just about left out of the picture. He was hampered with an injury during the Soccer preseason and just about didn't play much all year. He did make an all-star team this season. Glenn Gordan redeemed himself, especially against Starkville in football, that he can be reliable in Football. Gordan made a lot of catches for Abraham in big spots when they needed him to this season (instead of dropping them like he did the year before).
So with this year in the books, guess what is next? Yep, Class of 2015 it is your turn! May 30th is the date, and I'm making a few "small" changes - as in I won't go in reverse order this year, but I'm going to release them at a random rank. It starts this Friday, May 30th.