- Oxford is hosting 3 straight playoff games for the first time in school history.
- This will be a school record 9th Home Game this season for Oxford.
- Oxford and Lafayette (playing the 4A North Half game vs. Cleveland) are playing Football at the same time after Thanksgiving for the first time ever.
- Oxford and Callaway have a combined 2 appearances in the State Championship game entering tonight.
- Oxford is going for its second State Championship Appearance in school history (2003).
- Oxford is hosting its first North Half game since 2003 when it defeated Noxubee County 14-13 10 years ago yesterday.
- Oxford is in the North Half game for the fourth time in school history (1989, 2003, 2005, 2013), hosting for the third time. (Records can be found here: http://misshsfootball.com/Teams/Oxford_Standings.htm)
- Oxford has defeated 4 defending State Champions over the last two years (Charleston, Lafayette - 2012 / Jackson Prep, Starkville - 2013) - including one that has gone on to win their Championship (Jackson Prep).
- With a win, the Class of 2014 Seniors will have earned its 30th win - the most for a group of seniors over a normal course of a 3-year span since the Class of 2008 Seniors were on the field. (The School Record is 33 by the Class of 2006 Seniors)
- Oxford is attempting to start 14-0 for the first time in school history - and to win their 14th game for the first time in school history.
- Oxford currently has a 15-game home winning streak - having last lost a home game in 2011 against Clarksdale.
- Oxford defeated Callaway 26-0 in their last meeting in 2003. That was also the last year Callaway was a 1-seed. (They are the 1-seed from Region 2-5A this year)
- Oxford committed 4 (or more) Turnovers for the first time this season last week (3 Lost Fumbles and 1 Interception)
- With Jack Abraham at QB, Oxford is 9-for-9 on 4th Down Attempts this season.
- Abraham has thrown for 300+ Yards and 4+ TD passes for the 4th time this season - and the second week in a row.
- Abraham broke the school record for Passing TD's and Passing Yards in a single season on the same throw last week when Abraham threw to DK Metcalf. Abraham currently has (to my count) 3,008 Yards and 35 TDs on the season.
- Kenzie Phillips needs 212 Rushing Yards to break Mont Dean's rushing record of 1,690 Yards in a single season. He also needs 5 Touchdowns to break Mont Dean's single season Rushing Touchdown total of 23.
- Ethan Holmes needs one reception to become the fourth receiver this season for Oxford to have 40 receptions.
- Zach Cousar needs a TD reception to become the fifth receiver this season for Oxford to have 5 TD receptions - however he has not caught one since the Crosstown Classic.
- EIGHT different receivers have multiple TD receptions on the year for Oxford. (EIGHT)
- Oxford has entered the opponent's Red Zone 72 times this season - coming away with 49 Touchdowns (68%) and 10 Field Goals.
- The leading receiver for Oxford in yardage (Joey Walden) just has 589 receiving yards on the year.
- Oxford is 4-0 in their last four games when they face a team who has an active win streak in the double digits (Charleston - 14 in 2011, Lafayette - 34 in 2012, Jackson Prep - 13 this season, Starkville - 12 this season). Callaway is - obviously - currently on a 14 game winning streak. (Last loss was to West Point - but way back in 2007)
- Callaway High School was built in 1966, and was named after Robert M. Callaway, a native of.....Oxford. (Didn't see that coming now did you?)
- On this date in 1729, the Natchez Indians Massacre killed a total of 229 French - 138 Frenchmen, 35 French Women, and 56 children - at Fort Rosalie - or present day Natchez, Mississippi.
- On this date in 1902, The Pittsburgh Stars defeated the Philadelphia Athletics 11-0 at the Pittsburgh Coliseum to win the first ever championship associated with a national pprofessional Football league.
- On this date in 1961, a Chimp named Enos was launched into space during a project called Project Mercury. The spacecraft orbited the Earth twice before splashing down off the coast of Puerto Rico.
- On this date in 1972, Atari releases Pong, the first commercially successful video game ever made.
- Today is the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People.
- Today - if you hadn't been involved or have been under a rock - is Black Friday. Black Friday is the day where the biggest sales of the year happens in the biggest stores and occurs on the day after Thanksgiving which always occurs on a Thursday. This upcoming Monday is called Cyber Monday where most of the Internet sales are made. It occurs on the Monday after Thanksgiving.
- Today is the birthdays of TV Actor, Game Show Host, and Voice Actor Howie Mandel (58), Actor Andrew McCarthy (51), current NBA Free Agent Shannon Brown (28), and MLB's All-Time Saves Record Holder Mariano Rivera (44)
Here are some facts for you to keep up with this Friday. They can range from sports to things you could care less about. Here we go:
*Note: All Spam WILL be deleted.