- Oxford Girls Basketabll continues its poor shooting, hitting 27.5% (14-51) of their shots against New Hope. The Lady Trojans shot 57% (29-51) from the field.
- Oxford Boys Basketball did not do much better, hitting 35% (23-66) of their shots, but 30 of those 66 were from 3, hitting just 6-30 (20%). Oxford did outrebound the Trojans 39-36. New Hope shot 57% (27-47), most of the shots being at the rim. That would also explain why they went to the free throw line 36 times, while Oxford made the trip 17 times. Four different New Hope players had an efficiency point rating of 17 or better, Oxford did not have one. (Highest was Shelby McEwen with 13).
- Tonight will be the last regular season Basketball game when Oxford travels to Coldwater tonight. It was originally a home game for Oxford until they had to make schedule changes due to renovations needing to start at the old OHS.
- Times have been decided for the 2-5A Region Tournament in Saltillo:
- Oxford Girls will play West Point at 4:00 PM Tuesday.
- Oxford Boys will play New Hope at 8:30 PM Tuesday.
- This is the first game in any sport for Oxford since last Friday - there was not any scheduled for this past Tuesday.
- Baseball season officially starts in 8 days for High School. Oxford will play two pre-season 4-inning games against Amory next Saturday - those do not count towards the regular season or towards the overall record.
- Oxford had a "Snow Day" Tuesday. That day will be made up on Friday, April 18th - the Friday before Easter. Any other days that may be missed throughout the rest of the year will be made up at the end of the school year, starting with May 23rd.
- On this date in 1849, President James Polk becomes the first serving US President to have his photograph taken which was done in New York City.
- On this date in 1899, voting machines are approved by the US Congress for use in federal elections.
- On this date in 1918, the Soviet Union adopts the Gregorian Calendar.
- On this date in 1920, the League of Women Voters is founded in Chicago, IL.
- On this date in 1962, First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy gives TV viewers a tour of the White House.
- On this date in 2005, YouTube is launched. It is currently the largest video sharing website in the world.
- Today is the statehood days of Oregon (1849) and Arizona (1912).
- This week is International Flirting Week.
- Today is Library Lovers Day.
- Today is National Call In Single Day.
- Today is Valentine's Day.
- There will be a full moon tonight, occurring at 5:53 CST.
- Today is the birthdays of Sportscaster Pat O'Brien (66), Actress Tiffany Thornton (28), and former NFL QB, notably for the New England Patriots Drew Bledsoe (42).
Here are some facts for you to keep up with this Friday. They can range from sports to things you could care less about. Here we go:
*Note: All Spam WILL be deleted.